Monday, May 11, 2009

Welcome to the Daily Compost

Hello, this is your General Manager, Bruce Palma reporting directly from the compost bin. I'm excited to announce that I'll be taking over posting for our blog. I'll be posting anything that seems fit to share from my own compost heap of information I'm continually gathering from various sources (including my own coffee ground brain).

Here's how the Free Online Dictionary defines compost:
1. A mixture of decaying organic matter, as from leaves and manure, used to improve soil structure and provide nutrients.
2. A composition; a mixture.

So, in the tradition of our previous posts, that's what the Daily Compost blog will be: an organic mixture of info and thoughts on community, the environment, food, health and some demented musings to add a little spice.

And, as we've done in the past, I'll be tossing in a regular stream of info about our co-op as well. Our blog provides an easy way to communicate with our community more frequently than monthly emails or our newsletter. And if I recommend a product, book or DVD from our co-op, I do so because I truly believe it will provide some value to the purchaser. So, yes there might be shameless plugs, but they're high quality plugs.

I highly encourage you to join the conversation and post as well. Toss in your own used coffee grounds or orange rinds of insight. From our conversations, we can begin to create an online community garden. And we can extend our co-op community past the boundaries of our physical store in the process.

So tune in every day for more organic matter.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home