Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Homegrown, It's What's for Dinner

I haven't grown much more than a potbelly during my time here on Earth, but after watching "Homegrown Revolution," the video documentary on the Dervaes Family, I'm committed to harvesting at least one full course meal myself before kicking the bucket.

Here's the plot: Father of three says no to GMOs and bug spray on his dinner, bucks the system, and transforms his 1/5 acre Pasadena plot into a self-sufficient food factory capable of producing up to 6,000 lbs of organic produce a year. Their definition of a local tomato is 40 feet from farm to table.

(I could do without the chickens, but I'll save that for my therapist.)

After watching this video, you will never look at a front lawn (or backyard) the same way again.

Can you imagine what would happen to commercial agribusiness, GMOs and the pesticide industry if everyone began growing their own food?

Here's the documentary:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPEBM5ol0Q



Here's the Dervaes website:
www.pathtofreedom.com
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dave Koski said...

Just got the planting in up here in Minnesota.
Great video, very encouraging.

June 3, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home